OXFAM in Nigeria/CRUDAN Partnership Job Vacancies
Christian Rural and Urban Development Association of Nigeria (CRUDAN) is a Christian, not-for-profit, Non-Governmental Organization, working to ensure that Nigerian communities experience sustained food security, improved household nutrition, economic justice, natural resources management, disaster risks reduction, conflict transformation and humanitarian aid without bias to faith, gender or ethnicity.
CRUDAN in collaboration with OXFAM in Nigeria is implementing an Estee Lauder-funded program to improve food security and resilience in Song LGA of Adamawa state to complement its EU funded project: Pro-Resilience Action (PROACT), aimed at relieving communities on the impact of COVID-19.
CRUDAN seeks to employ a qualified candidate to fill the position below for a period of about 3 months, with possibility of extension.
• Location: Song LGA of Adamawa State
• Duration: 3 Months
• Post holder reports to this: Livelihoods Program Officer
• Staff reportng to this: None
• Budget Responsibilty: None
• Slots: 3
• To support the implementation, and maintain effective and appropriate community engagement on all project activities in Project Communities of Song LGA of Adamawa State.
• The post will involve coordinating with small holder farmers including women and youths and the organization state teams.
The Field Officer will perform the following specific duties:
• Lead in community entry and community mobilization for project.
• Facilitate the creation and supervision of Village Savings and Loans Associations (VSLA).
• Facilitate the formation and supervision of Health and Nutrition Clubs.
• Based on the project activities, and or plans, and donor reporting requirements, implement the system for capturing and documenting data and relevant information on project activities, beneficiaries, outputs, outcomes, and impacts, which is valid and reliable information.
• Support in MEAL data collection and reporting through site visits and other support as needed. Ensure project participants are well informed, processes understood and properly implemented by the community partners.
• Work with households and state teams to ensure that all information and data is collected, documented, and collated in an accurate and timely manner.
• Support the conduct of periodic supportive supervision and Data Quality Assessment visits to households and communities.
• Facilitate the sharing of project and relevant information obtained with households and communities, and other stakeholders through feedback mechanism.
• Ensure project implementation is aligned to targets as directed by the livelihood program officer.
• Constantly update project participants and communities on project activities and progress.
• Support the National/State coordinating unit to monitor project sites and community participation, ensuring timely meetings, activities, reporting, and documentation, monitoring troubleshooting as identified.
• Prepare and submit monthly reports
• Support the update of project database routinely as at when required
• Support monthly review meetings in communities
• Any other duties as may be assigned by the State Project Officer and or the state MEAL Officer.
Skills and Competence:
• Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modeling CSO values.
• Holds the farmers and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
• Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages farmers to do same
• Widely shares their personal vision for the CSO, engages and motivates others
• Future orientated, thinks strategically
• Builds and maintains effective relationships,
• Values diversity, sees, it as a source of competitive strength
• Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
• Develops and encourages new innovative solutions
• Willing to take disciplined risks
• Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
Skills and Competence:
• 2 years working experience – National Diploma/NCE in relevant discipline. Living in Song LGA and speaks the local language.
• General written & Verbal Communication & Interpersonal Skill Level must be good
• Language Requirements – speaking local language – English/Hausa/Fulani/Yungur
• Good Living in community
• Respected by local people and leaders and known to be conscientious
• Motorcycle license
• Ability to ride a motorcycle
Remuneration is attractive
How to Apply:
All interest persons should send an application letter and CV not later than Friday, May 7th, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org the position title and applicant name must be the subject of your email. Only applications sent in the required format will be considered and only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview. For further Information you may contact: 08026102380