CHRISTIAN RURAL AND URBAN DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIA
The Christian Rural and Urban Development Association of Nigeria (CRUDAN) is a Christian, non-profit, Non-Governmental Organisation membership organisation that has as its members – Churches, Christian Organisations, and individual Christians that are engaged or interested in development work in Nigeria.
CRUDAN operates in five (5) zones namely Central Zone with its zonal office in Jos, Northeast with its zonal office in Yola, Northwest with its zonal office in Kaduna, Southeast with its zonal office in Enugu, and Southwest with its zonal office in Ibadan.Job Title: Director of Programmes 2
• Location: Jos, Plateau State
• Area of Coverage: Director in charge of designated CRUDAN zones
Main purpose of the job:
• To supervise, mentor and coach Programme Officers in two zones (Central and Northwest zones) to ensure that CRUDAN activities at the zonal level are implemented, to ensure that CRUDAN is made visible to the church and other institutions, organizations-governmental and non-governmental, as well as adequately representing the CEO.
Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- a. Attends Management and zonal meetings, contributes to decision-making, monitoring and reviewing CRUDAN activities, programmes and budgets.
- b. Assists Zonal Program Officers in the design of zonal programmes, by checking and approving the content, methodology, resource persons and materials for training, well ahead of the scheduled date.
- c. Supports Zonal Program Officers with resource materials, ideas and information that will enhance the effective delivery of services (training, evaluation, strategic planning, counselling, etc,) to members and clients.
- d. Provides information that may be required for planning by Management Committee, Board and others on behalf of the zones.
- e. In collaboration with relevant programme staff and partner organisations, initiates and develops proposals for funding assistance.
- a. Organises and coordinates national and regional training/consultation programmes on different aspects of Wholistic Development.
- b. Serves as Resource Person to deliver training and other services organized by CRUDAN at all levels (national, Zonal, regional or organisational) as may be required.
- c. Mentors and coaches Zonal Program Officers in capacity areas where these are required.
- d. Provides counsel to CRUDAN Members/Member Organisations and partners, particularly at the Zonal level.
- e. Represents CRUDAN at important meetings of partner organisations, church organisations (CAN, PFN, etc), and governmental organisations, particularly at national and Zonal levels as may be directed.
- f. Contributes to writing of articles for the CRUDAN Newsletter, prayer points for the Prayer Bulletin, and ideas for the development and production of IEC materials.
- a. Compiles reports of training, joint projects and programmes of zones assigned to supervise.
- b. Reviews reports of training, consultation, organisation development interventions, etc., produced by Zonal Program Officers before such is submitted to clients or partners.
- c. Maintains proper records of all training, projects activities and interventions conducted for members, clients and partners in the zone
- d. Produces reports of monitoring and supervision visits carried out to the zones.
IV. Monitoring and Evaluation
- a. Carries out visits to each zone to mentor, co-facilitate, assess or supervise activities in the zone, including a meeting with the Zonal Committee or Congress.
- b. Ensures that reports of training, counselling and other relevant activities conducted by Zonal Program Officers are submitted promptly.
- c. Conducts regular performance assessment of Zonal Program Officers and recommends capacity building exercises as may be deemed necessary.
- d. Submit monthly report of activities to the Executive Director.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned by the Executive Director.
Age Range: 30 - 40 years
Gender: Both males and females are eligible to apply
Method of application:
Anyone willing to take up this position should send email to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 7th May 2021, with the title of the job post as email subject, then attach details of your resume and a scanned copy of your driving licence.